Cache logging

Jim Ohlstein jim at ohlste.in
Sun Jul 19 09:00:31 MSD 2009

After the last thread I went through several iterations of cache logging
and I'm getting good information from it.

One thing I noticed (not from these logs but from elsewhere) is that I
was getting a fair number of "hotlink" requests for items that were in
my cache. Thousands from the same IP's in fact. So I blocked those IP's
but the links are still active and I'm seeing many requests for these
items. The client is getting a 403 and that's how it's logged in the
access log but $upstream_cache_status returns a dash ("-") which is not
always very helpful. It would be more helpful if I could get a more
descriptive log entry, like "BLOCKED" or "DENIED". Is that something
that could be added in a future version?

Jim