Nginx secure link module with TTL

Brice Figureau brice+nginx at daysofwonder.com
Sun Jul 19 13:23:34 MSD 2009

Hi,

I'm proud to announce the release of a nginx patch (not an external
module) to add an expiration system to the nginx secure link module
system. The idea is to attach a timestamp to the url, and nginx can
check the url has expired (in which case the access to the download is
denied).

All the gory details, including the patch, and with examples and PHP
snippets to compute the HMAC and the full url are in my blog article:
http://www.masterzen.fr/2009/07/18/nginx-secure-link-module-with-ttl/

Igor: I'd really like this patch to be merged to nginx, I'm ready to
help if you're interested. The patch is small, and works in production
on several site with load without any issue. Nginx configuration is
completely compatible with secure link deployement without TTL.
Also I'm really sure there a lots of people wanting this feature (a
quick check of the archive seems to reveal this).

Thanks,
--
Brice Figureau
My Blog: http://www.masterzen.fr/