HTTP Purge support for (fastcgi|proxy)_cache

Piotr Sikora piotr.sikora at frickle.com
Wed Jul 22 11:42:32 MSD 2009

Hello,
I'm reaching out in response to your post on nginx's mailing list.

I'm interested in developing purging feature for nginx's cache. Since I run
my own software development company, we are talking about funded development
here.

>From what I understand, you'd like to allow IPs from "allow_purge" to
request:
---
PURGE /some/content HTTP/1.1
Host: www.website.com
---
and receive either 200 OK, 403 Forbidden or 404 Not Found.

Is that correct? Does this cover all functionality that you would like to
get?

Would you prefer to see this as "standalone module" or patch / modification
for existing nginx code?

My company is located and registered in Poland, and I believe that yours is
in Sweden, so you can get intra-EU invoice, as long as you can provide valid
EU-VAT number.

Best regards,
Piotr Sikora < piotr.sikora at frickle.com >