ssl config problems binding to specific IP

Nick Pearson nick.pearson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 00:35:59 MSD 2009

I believe the preferred way is still to use separate server blocks for
http and https.

server {
  server_name mydomain.com;
  listen 192.168.0.11:80;

server {
  server_name mydomain.com;
  listen 192.168.0.11:443;
  ssl on;

The error is probably caused by having "ssl on" for http requests.
I've seen people asking about putting the ssl config inside an "if",
but I don't think that's preferred.

Nick