try_files problem

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Jul 28 12:59:16 MSD 2009

Hello!

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 01:43:57AM -0400, holstebm wrote:

> I can't get the following to work and, after reading and re-reading all the documentation I could find, am not sure if this is a bug or a restriction.
>
> try_files @nocache @cache;
>
> The thought here is @nocache will succeed if a cookie is present and @cache will succeed if not.

Try_files doesn't work this way.  It checks *files* and uses
fallback in no one was found:

try_files /file1 /file2 @fallback;

Looks like

http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpCoreModule#try_files

has wrong description and should be re-translated from scratch.
For a while use original documentation in Russian:

http://sysoev.ru/nginx/docs/http/ngx_http_core_module.html#try_files

(try google translate if you have problems with Russian).

Maxim Dounin