mogilefs module 1.0.2

Michael Shadle mike503 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 21:16:42 MSD 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 3:45 AM, Valery
Kholodkov<valery+nginxen at grid.net.ru> wrote:

> No, at the moment it makes only one replica, but I plan to implement replication at desired minimal number of nodes simultaneously.

Isn't the number of replicas defined when you use mogadm/etc. to
define a new domain? (I think replicas is a domain property)

It sounds like it is up to the client then to make sure it gets placed
on that many replicas. Not the tracker/mogilefsd. Although it might be
worth looking into to see if it does, there is a replication portion
of the daemon I believe that is supposed to keep that number of
replicas alive at all times (I believe) - perhaps you can just be lazy
and let it do it's job :)