mogilefs module 1.0.2

Michael Shadle mike503 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 20:51:42 MSD 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 3:28 AM, Valery
Kholodkov<valery+nginxen at grid.net.ru> wrote:

>> Isn't the number of replicas defined when you use mogadm/etc. to
>> define a new domain? (I think replicas is a domain property)
>
> It seems to me that it is a property of a class.

You're right. It's been a while since I've messed with mogilefs. :)

I'm not sure how that maps then into a domain or what; I was simply
thinking of allowing mogilefs itself to do the replication for you.

> There is a problem. The longer the file is the more is the probability that
> storage node will fail during upload. At some installations it will be
> cheaper to make multiple replicas instead of investing into reliability of
> every node and the infrastructure in general.

This is true. Which is why if mogilefs will do it for you, I say let
it do it. Just get it safely into the system once. :)