Error with config when upgrading from 0.6.34 to 0.7.59 (the "alias" directive must use captures inside location given by regular expression)

Jools Wills buzz at exotica.org.uk
Thu Jun 18 15:22:11 MSD 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 14:09 +0700, Edho P Arief wrote:

> IMO nginx is not suited (or not designed) for multiple user usage.

i have a system with just a few users with some homedirectories
(no php in home area). so because I have more than 1 single site, I
should not use nginx? Reasons I needed nginx were due to lousy apache
performance. Perhaps NGINX should support such setups better. Lighttpd
is of course available, but i had read good things about nginx (and the
performance has been very impressive)

> WRT the alias, it's either bug or just as intended (I also hit this
> error when trying this).

the lack of documentation when functionality has changed is a bit of an
issue. this used to work, now it doesnt. Would be great if it said that
somewhere. I realise there are some language barriers, but there are
enough users of NGINX now that things like this need to be addressed.

Best Regards

Jools