cache large static files in memory

Gabriel Ramuglia gabe at vtunnel.com
Wed Jun 24 11:41:26 MSD 2009

I'm not exactly sure. Generally it works pretty well if you've got
enough spare ram compared to the size of the files that need to be in
the cache. There is a tendency to only buy as much ram for your server
as you need to avoid swapping, but if you add a couple more gigs you
can improve your i/o performance pretty significantly. That's also
pretty cheap with ram prices so low these days.