followup to question about $_POST

Chris Cortese cortese.consulting at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 10:27:34 MSK 2009

I found this thread: http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/162377
So, apparently, using the error page to reroute /mycontroller/mymethod
URLs, does not forward the $_POST array.

I don't really understand how to use the patch, and I wonder if the
patch is still recommended?  Since it was from last August...

/mycontroller/mymethod is very common across many PHP MVC frameworks.
Is using the "error" directive really the appropriate way to do this?  I
tried going back to:

location / {
    if ($request_filename !~ (js|css|images|robots\.txt|index\.php.*) ) {
      rewrite ^/(.*)$ /index.php/$1 last;

also tried
location / {
    if ($request_filename !~ (js|css|images|robots\.txt|index\.php.*) ) {
      rewrite ^/(.*)$ /index.php?q=$1 last;
both of these methods are recommended on CodeIgniter forums, and I had
them working previously with nginx 0.6.33

...and now I get 404...