figured out javascript, now just $_POST issue remaining

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Sun Mar 1 19:02:04 MSK 2009

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 05:10:09AM -0800, Chris Cortese wrote:

> I fixed the javascript problem.  Now I understand that only one
> "location" directive can be hit.  So in the following case:
>
> location ~* (jpg|jpeg|gif|png|js|css) {
>      expires    30d;
>      access_log off;
>  }
>

> location /javascript/ {
>     rewrite ^/javascript/(.*)$ /combine.php?type=javascript&files=$1 last;
>  }
>
> when requesting /javascript/prototype.js,scriptaculous.js ...  the latter
> piece was not getting hit.

- location /javascript/ {
+ location ^~ /javascript/ {

> the only thing (I think) that's left is getting the $_POST array to post
> through, as it does not work with simply:
>
>  location / {
>     error_page  404 = /index.php?q=$request_uri;
>  }
>
> and the patch I found out there, as I think I said before, sounds like it
> conflicts with the latest nginx code.

The patch was commited:

Changes with nginx 0.7.11                                        18 Aug 2008

Changes with nginx 0.6.33                                        20 Nov 2008

    *) Feature: now nginx returns the 405 status code for POST method
       requesting a static file only if the file exists.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/