spawn-fcgi-1.6.0rc1-r16 prerelease]

Grzegorz Nosek grzegorz.nosek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 09:41:31 MSK 2009

On pon, mar 09, 2009 at 12:05:58 +0100, Icy -- wrote:
> Grzegorz Nosek wrote:
> > Run them all on the same socket.
>
> This could be a problem with tcp sockets :)

You mean some compatibility/performance problems or 'it doesn't work'
problems? Frankly, I am not aware of what could go wrong by sharing
a tcp socket but not a unix domain socket. May I kindly request
enlightenment? :)

> > spawn-fcgi doesn't care about php engines, CGI processes and whatnot.
> > If your bug report contains the word PHP, then it _certainly_ isn't
> > about spawn-fcgi. There is *never* a single point in time when both
> > spawn-fcgi and php-fcgi run side by side (one simply becomes the other).
>
> Very well explained!

Thanks :) Maybe spawn-fcgi should come with a graph or something to show
the relationships between processes to avoid confusion.

Best regards,
 Grzegorz Nosek