Limit connections' erratic behaviour

Asif Ali azifali at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 14:22:14 MSK 2009

Cliff - Apologies - This is a second email thread actually [the earlier one
was posted days back]

Here is the config:

limit_zone   one  $binary_remote_addr  10m;
 limit_conn one 150;

The app receives several hundred hits per second from various different ip
addresses.
I want to block specific IP only from sending in more than 100 or 150
requests per second..

What I am getting is a reduction in total traffic and half that amount for
ALL requests.

Thanks in advance.

regards

Asif Ali