Rails App, Nginx, Virtual Hosts and bandwidth shaping

Daniele :) lists at ruby-forum.com
Sun Mar 22 23:20:32 MSK 2009

Anton Yuzhaninov wrote:

> With this settings each virtualhost can't use more than  250000*100 = 25
> Mbit of bandwidth.

Wonderful, thank you very much Anton!

Is it possibile to find out when the limit is triggered? I read that
this setup generate a Service unavailable (503), I suppose it's logged
so I can parse the file and fire and alert. Other solutions?

By the way I will prefer a solution that slow down all the requests (I
really dont know how, queue? throttle?) instead of killing them. Is it
possibile?