Serving static file dynamically ...

Brice Leroy bbrriiccee at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 21:05:10 MSK 2009

Hello,

   I'm interrested in NGINX to serve static files according to his
performance :p. But I will have to serve big static file (video
content in hd) and to protect the access I would like to use a dynamic
url with a key inside like:

- http://static/qwertyuiopasdfghjkl which will return the content of
file.mov where the key(qwertyuiopasdfghjkl) is associated with the
file in the DB. The user received the content not the file.

So a user can share an URL with his contact and stop sharing it when
he want (by removing the record in the DB). I will have to serve
thousand of files at the same time and I want to minimize my server
farm. Do you have any idea ?

Thank you :)