Serving static file dynamically ...

Marcus Clyne eugaia at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 21:49:43 MSK 2009

Brice,

If you haven't done so already, have a look at Primebase Media Streaming
(www.blobstreaming.org).

It's a MySQL plugin that has a lightweight HTTP server on the front of
it to serve blobs out of a database.

I've done some tests on it (up to 2M objects), and the speed was
comparable in many cases to serving content statically.

As part of the system, it allows you to provide an alias for your blobs,
so as to hide any database information.

Cheers,

Marcus.