Serving static file dynamically ...

Marcus Clyne eugaia at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 22:34:02 MSK 2009

Brice Leroy wrote:
> Thank you Marcus. I never think about those kind of FS issues. files
> should not exceed hundred thousand in the worse case scenario so I
> think file system should be the better solution for me.
You're welcome.  If you're not already doing so, if you've got many
thousands of files, then putting them in multiple directories is
probably a good idea.  I tend to have no more than around 1000 files in
each directory, but it may not impact on performance to have quite a few
more - but different systems will coped better/worse to large numbers of
files.

Marcus.