How to make the Nginx-0.7.54(Windows official release) RUN AS WINDOWS SERVICE?

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Sat May 2 20:01:53 MSD 2009

On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 05:44:26PM +0200, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:

> On Sam 02.05.2009 17:47, Igor Sysoev wrote:
> >On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 05:34:59AM -0400, kernelforce wrote:
> >
> >>Recently, I got Nginx-0.7.54(official Windows binary), it is simply
> >>to install, I'm very apperciate it.
>
> [snipp]
>
> >Look in the event log and c:/nginx/logs/error.log.
> >As to service, I plan to add capabilty to rus as service without
> >SrvAny.
>
> Maybe also with IOCP ;-)
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-at/magazine/cc302334(en-us).aspx
> http://www.codeproject.com/KB/IP/iocp.aspx
> http://www.codeproject.com/KB/IP/iocp_server_client.aspx

IOCP requires another I/O concept: it's requires asynchronous I/O
while select/kqueue/epoll/etc. require non-blocking I/O. However,
nginx was being developped with asynchronous I/O in mind, therefore
I will add single-thread IOCP soon. It should be more scaleble than
select() even with single thread. The second step, multithreaded IOCP,
is more complex since nginx workers are single thread applications,
and the step requires introdution various locks and mutexes.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/