Rewrite assistance needed

John Stykes lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue May 5 09:53:22 MSD 2009

Hi Igor, thanks for the response.

I have that setting already. The problem is that when the request comes
with a space (%20) or an ampersand (&) it causes problems and nginx
cannot find that directory. So when a request comes for file1.doc in the
directory 'Client Files' it cannot find that directory even if i named
it Client\ Files on the filesystem.

This is why i thought perhaps i could rewrite the url or the directory
portion so that if a request comes for Client%20Files i simply use a
different directory called clientfiles with no spaces.

thanks
John

I have tried using a directory such as