Is anyone else amazed at how many people use nginx on Windows?

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Thu May 7 03:45:57 MSD 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 17:31 -0500, Resi Cow wrote:
> Yes, lets have a vote. Lets vote to END windows support.
>
> +1 to end support.

I wasn't aware Igor had elected to make the direction of Nginx
development a democracy.   Until such time as he does, the only "vote"
you get is to use and modify the source code he provides in whatever way
you wish.   It doesn't give you the right to dictate how others use and
modify that code.  It certainly doesn't give you the right to dictate to
Igor himself what he should or shouldn't work on.

My vote is to let Igor continue to do the fine job he's done to date.
If he feels a Windows port is worth having, then I wish him luck.

Cliff