nginx X wsgi X Webpy

Michał Jaszczyk jasiu85 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 11:22:39 MSD 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 08:19, cadu <nginx-forum at nginx.us> wrote:
> Hello World !
>
> Im traying a lot to install Nginx with wsgi !
>
> I tryed all the tutorials and nothing.
>
> Please PLEASE !!! someone help me .
>
> im using ubuntu server !

Hey,

AFAIK you have two options:

1. Compile mod_wsgi into Nginx and create a config file that uses
wsgi_pass directive.
2. Setup some WSGI container (Paste, CherryPy, etc.), run your
application there and configure Nginx as a reverse proxy (i.e. use
proxy_pass) directive.

Ad 1. The Nginx package in Ubuntu contains binary that doesn't have
mod_wsgi compiled into it. This means you would have to compile it on
your own and install it not as a package, but into /usr/local.

Ad 2. The author of mod_wsgi discourages using it for big apps as they
would block entire Nginx worker so that all Nginx' async fun stuff
wouldn't work. So this possibility is somewhat better than mod_wsgi.

Hope this clears your mind a bit. Let us know which option do you
prefer and we can go into further details.

Cheers,

Mike