static images 404 on Windows

Chris Cortese cortese.consulting at gmail.com
Sat May 9 12:25:39 MSD 2009

OK so I've tried everything I can think of on this one.

Running 0.7.55 on both Ubuntu Jaunty and XP.  Jaunty works just fine.
On the Jaunty config, I do use rewrite to remap my js and css, but my
location /images/ directive is identical on Jaunty and XP, and the
latter 404's.

On XP, I can't get any of my static assets (/images, /css, /js) to load,
all 404.  /css/style.php (see conf below) works fine as does all .php
code.  This is a codeigniter site which explains the handling of index.php.

Note that I have web source under /cygwin for my convenience only but I
am not using any cygwin components in my stack, all native Windows
components.

Here's my latest version of the XP config:

server {
  listen   *:80;
  server_name  jobsite.xpdesktop;

  access_log  logs/jobsite.access.log;
  error_log  logs/jobsite.error.log;

  root /cygwin/home/Chris/www/live/jobsite/trunk/html/public;
  index index.php index.html;

  location / {
    fastcgi_pass  127.0.0.1:9000;
    fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME
c:/cygwin/home/Chris/www/live/jobsite/trunk/html/public/index.php;
    fastcgi_param QUERY_STRING      q=$request_uri;
    include fastcgi_params;
  }

  location ~ (jpg|jpeg|gif|png)$ {
  }

  location /images/ {
    expires    30d;
  }

  location ~ /.php$ {
    fastcgi_pass  127.0.0.1:9000;
    fastcgi_index index.php;
    fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME
c:/cygwin/home/Chris/www/live/jobsite/trunk/html/public$fastcgi_script_name;
    fastcgi_param QUERY_STRING      q=$request_uri;
    include fastcgi_params;
  }

  location = /css/style.php {
    fastcgi_pass  127.0.0.1:9000;
    fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME
c:/cygwin/home/Chris/www/live/jobsite/trunk/html/public/css/style.php;
    include fastcgi_params;