help with memcache?

Ilan Berkner iberkner at gmail.com
Tue May 19 21:41:37 MSD 2009

Hi All,

Setting up a local environment for testing purposes.  CenOS 5.3, PHP 5.2.9
with php-fpm, etc.

Installed and setup memcache.

Switched php.ini settings to use memcache as session handler.

phpinfo and php test script to use memcache server show settings are OK.

Session management... not working.  I'm really stuck... I can't figure out
where to look... Basically, what's happening is that php is not
communicating with the memcached daemon for session management... but I
don't know why... can anyone point me in the right direction?  I've gone up
and down newsgroups and support sites... and have tried installing /
reinstalling...

Thanks