SSL Password

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Sun Nov 8 05:10:56 MSK 2009

Hello!

On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 12:49:22AM +0000, Glen Lumanau wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I tried to install nginx with SSL. However I've setup with PEM password. Everytime I reload/restart nginx, it's always asking me for the password.
>
> Is there any way to make it automatically?

It's not really clear how such "automatic password entering" is
different from no password on key file at all.  If you have an
explanation - please let us know.

To remove password from your key file use something like this:

# openssl rsa -in server.key -out server.key.nopasswd

It's also a good idea to make sure only root can read resulting
key file, e.g. by

# chmod 400 server.key.nopasswd