New HTTP protocol from Google

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Fri Nov 13 23:42:55 MSK 2009

Johan Bergström ha scritto:
> Hey,
> please don't see this as a feature request - I just wanted to inform
> those who've missed the news about SPDY, an interesting new alternative
> protocol to HTTP. There are of course a plethora of alternatives even in
> this part of development, but this actually has code you (soon) can
> compile for yourself.

Google should really try to improve existing standards instead of
inventing new things.

Some of the more interesting features can be implemented in HTTP, IMHO.
As an example, header compression, using the Trailer header:
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.40

Headers that need to be compressed can be specified in the Trailer header.

> [...]

Regards  Manlio