error_log formating

Nam nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Nov 16 07:20:05 MSK 2009

Hello Everyone,

    I need to be able to have access to live logs, so what I have done applied the syslog patch, which works wonderfully, but there is only problem. While I am able to customize the access_log format, the error_log format is non-customizable from what I can tell so far. I have set nginx up to log to syslog, which then sends the syslog records to a logging server. The logging server (rsyslog) then inserts the log into the database.

    The default way that rsyslog puts log entries into the database is just inefficient. I am creating a custom table which stores the custom combined access_log format I have specified in my nginx.conf, but when it comes to error logs, I seen unable to do this. In fact, I seem to be unable to find any information on what format is used for error logging so that I can work on a way of parsing it.

    Can anyone help provide information to help resolve this? I need to find a way to either customize the error_log format, figure out a way to parse it in SQL, or if anyone else can suggest something, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Nam

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,23078,23078#msg-23078