Allow listening on Unix domain sockets

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Tue Nov 17 17:13:53 MSK 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 11:57:19AM +0100, Hongli Lai wrote:

> Hongli Lai wrote:
> > Hi Igor. I've verified that your patch still works with Nginx 0.7.64. Do
> > you plan on including the patch soon?
>
> I mean inclusion in the 0.7 series. I see that it's already been
> included in the 0.8 series.

0.8 has many changes related to listening on unix sockets including

   set_real_ip_from unix:;

There is still an issue with unix sockets: access rights.
Currently, master process creates the socket with root:wheel/0700
access right while it should use something like USER:GROUP/0777.

I plan to fix this in 0.8.28 and then I may make a complete patch to
test in on 0.7.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/