Parallel subrequests for multi-source long polling?

Piotr Sikora piotr.sikora at frickle.com
Fri Nov 20 12:42:39 MSK 2009

> Awesome, I got it fully working using this method.

Great! I'm glad to hear that :)

> I don't have the headers working completely correctly yet, but everything
> else seems to work perfectly.

What headers do you mean? From the request or from the response? If you mean
the former, then you should look into u->process_headers().

> I might be able to package this up as a generic subrequest replacement.
> At the very least, I'll clean up the code and post it somewhere for
> everyone's perusal.

Actually, I was going to do this myself over the weekend, so you could use
"clean library"... I thought that you'll give subrequests some more time :P

Anyway, what do you think would be better form for such "library" (from
developer's perspective):
- API module which would expose "fake request" functions to other modules
(but it would require --add-module=/path/to/api
and --add-module=/path/to/your/module)
or
- simple .c & .h files to include in your module and distribution?

Best regards,
Piotr Sikora < piotr.sikora at frickle.com >