gzip just fails

Mark Maunder mark at feedjit.com
Sun Nov 29 15:07:25 MSK 2009

Start with a basic gzip config:

gzip on;
gzip_min_length  1100;
gzip_buffers     4 8k;
gzip_types       text/plain text/css application/x-javascript text/xml
application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript;

Check that nginx is now gzipping. Then add things like gzip_http_version
and gzip_disable (doing an nginx reload each time) and see which one
causes nginx to stop gzipping.

Mark.