ubuntu 8.04 user - upgrade to nginx latest

Jim Ohlstein jim at ohlste.in
Mon Oct 5 18:55:47 MSD 2009

Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="synchromesh">
>
>> My question is, how can I find out which modules have been compiled into
>> nginx? (Specifically your 0.8.17 version.) I couldn't find any way to do
>> this in the docs or via Google.
>
> Unless there's a way to dump that information from the nginx binary itself

# nginx -V
built by gcc 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-44)
configure arguments: --pid-path=/usr/local/nginx/logs/nginx.pid
--sbin-path=/usr/local/sbin/nginx --with-http_ssl_module
--with-http_stub_status_module --user=nginx --group=nginx

# nginx -h
nginx version: nginx/0.8.17
Usage: nginx [-?hvVt] [-s signal] [-c filename] [-p prefix] [-g directives]

   -?,-h         : this help
   -v            : show version and exit
   -V            : show version and configure options then exit
   -t            : test configuration and exit
   -s signal     : send signal to a master process: stop, quit, reopen,
reload
   -p prefix     : set prefix path (default: /usr/local/nginx/)
   -c filename   : set configuration file (default: conf/nginx.conf)
   -g directives : set global directives out of configuration file

--
Jim Ohlstein