nginx flv module and amazon storage

zepolen zepolen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 15:48:12 MSD 2009

Why? You use the proxy_store mechanism as a cache - it would only keep
the most used videos.

In return you save on paying s3 outgoing bandwidth (and your own
provider for incoming bandwith). Instead you only pay for your
outgoing bandwidth on your local server for the times a cache hits.

I don't do this for videos, but for images - instead of serving '000s
of tb of data each month from s3, I use my local server which will do
the same traffic for a third of the price.