400 errors for some clients: not related to buffer size and works over HTTPS but not HTTP

Benjamin Jackson bhjackson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 20:31:04 MSD 2009

So it would seem (at least from the source of 0.5.33 that I was able
to find quickly on Google) that the duplicates are in fact causing
this error in the ngx_http_process_unique_header_line function.

Is there a good reason for this to cause a 400 error if the duplicate
values are equal? Or was this maybe fixed in a newer version? I'm
running 0.4 (yeah, I know that I need to upgrade).