Differences between Apache 2.2 and nginx

Ian Hobson ian at ianhobson.co.uk
Mon Oct 19 01:42:47 MSD 2009

Hi all,

I have just fallen foul of a minor difference between Apache 2.2 and nginx.

I have a search form, that submits via a GET to php.  Most of the params
I need are passed via the URL in the action - for example.

<form accept-charset="UTF-8" method="get" id="searchtop"
action="/list/customer/0/post/">

There is also a field into which the user may enter his search term.

nginx passes the field on to php while Apache2.2 does not.

Not sure which is the correct behaviour, but I suspect nginx. Why have a
method="get" option if it cannot work?

Regards

Ian