About client_header_timeout

gunblad3 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Oct 19 10:01:24 MSD 2009

Hi guys,

Would like to clarify on what client_header_timeout means exactly.
http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpCoreModule#client_header_timeout

Using the default setting of 60 seconds, does it mean that the server times out the request:
1) if no additional request headers are received in 60 sec since the last one
or
2) if the request (headers) should have completed within 60 sec of the start of the request?

I believe it to be (1), but I'd like to make sure.

Also, if it really is (1), is there a known bug where this timeout is not obeyed?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,14856,14856#msg-14856