Launch FastCGI process?

Grzegorz Nosek grzegorz.nosek at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 12:17:34 MSD 2009

On śro, paź 21, 2009 at 08:42:08 +0100, Phillip Oldham wrote:
> Wonderful! This sounds just what we're looking for too. I've been
> chatting with the maintainers over at supervisord list (Roger et al) and
> they're aiming for another update in the coming weeks that may fix some
> issues with FCGI handling, which should make nginx + supervisord + php a
> very reliable platform.

One caveat is that if you're using supervisord's 'fcgi-program' notion,
ngx_supervisord cannot manage those processes (the details escape me now
but you have to call it in a slightly different way when you
start/restart/stop it). So just make it a normal 'program' and stick
spawn-fcgi in between supervisord and php.

The processes cannot also be members of a group (due to similar naming
reasons).

These issues are not design limitations, we just didn't need it, so
it's just a matter of getting around to it if you do need the features.

Best regards,
 Grzegorz Nosek