Upload Issues with Nginx Reverse Proxy - Part 2

Simon Evans lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Sep 2 13:39:39 MSD 2009

Igor Sysoev wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 07:11:52AM +0200, Simon Evans wrote:
>
>> > process is connected to it (this is a *nix filesystem feature so you
>> I was wondering if it is possible to turn off fully buffering the
>> upload, and allowing the upload to stream to the backend servers? I have
>> not seen a way to turn it off in the documentation. When we tried to put
>> in nginx, it broke the file upload progress monitor, and also other
>> checks we do prior to handling the upload request.
>
> No. I planed nginx as accelerator only which should minimize backend
> interaction with client. However, now I'm going to change this.

Thanks for the response Igor. I understand your plan. If we were
starting from scratch, we would build around nginx and its modules. And
in the future we can move logic into the nginx tier. But for now, we
just want to insert nginx. I see the feature request in there for
disable buffering without a priority :(