Load balancing PHP via Nginx...

Ilan Berkner iberkner at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 07:10:11 MSD 2009

Maybe I'm not explaining myself correctly, maybe your suggestions are the
right way to go, but I see a lot of nginx examples such as this:
upstream phpproviders {
        server 127.0.0.1:3000;
        server 127.0.0.1:3001;
        server 127.0.0.1:3002;
    }

In this example, different port numbers are used, but you can use different
ip addresses.

inside the location / tag you would specify:

proxy_pass http://phpproviders

nginx in the simplest (default mode) would round robin the requests.

Is this not a good type of methodology?

Thanks