How to configure phpmyadmin with nginx ?

Ian Hobson ian at ianhobson.co.uk
Mon Sep 14 01:52:29 MSD 2009

Hi se7en,

Your location line is incorrect and you may need a line to send php over
also. Try the following inside your server directive.

index index.php index.htm index.html;
location   ^~ /phpmyadmin/ {
   root /usr/share;
   include /????/fastcgi_params;
   fastcgi_pass  127.0.0:9002;
}
location ~ \.php {
    include  /????/fastcgi_params;
    fastcgi_pass  127.0.0.1:9002;
}

Don't forget to replace the ??? with the correct path - mine is
/etc/nginx/ and check that phpmyadmin
has been installed in /usr/share/phpmyadmin - or adjust the root.

Regards

Ian