nginx-0.8.16

Igor Sysoev is at rambler-co.ru
Wed Sep 23 01:12:23 MSD 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 02:02:21PM -0700, Cliff Wells wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 18:42 +0400, Igor Sysoev wrote:
> > Changes with nginx 0.8.16                                        22 Sep 2009
> >
> >     *) Feature: the "image_filter_transparency" directive.
>
> Hi Igor,
>
> Can I get a description and example for the wiki?

image_filter_transparency  [on|off]
default is on.

The directive allows to disable image transparency in GIF and
palette-based PNG to improve image resampling quality. True color PNG
alpha-channels are always preserved despite this setting.
Did not check grayscale PNG, however, I believe it should be handled
as truecolor PNGs.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/