Set a particular location for address starting with '?'

mvip nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Sep 24 17:30:55 MSD 2009

Cliff,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my post. Unfortunately that didn't do the trick.

Let me try to explain the situation a bit better. I'm using Nginx as a load balancer to proxy two different apps sitting on the same domain: one Django app and one wordpress blog. I want to proxy '/' and '/folder1' to the django server and /?.* as well as everything else to the wordpress server.

My current setup is as follows:
location / { proxy_pass http://blog.foobar.com;}
location = / {proxy_pass http://www.foobar.com; }
location ~ /admin/.* {proxy_pass http://www.foobar.com; }
location ~ /folder1/.* {proxy_pass http://www.foobar.com; }

It works great with the exception of that I cannot seem to filter out all the /?.* calls.

What do you think is the best approach for this problem?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,8769,8943#msg-8943