Help, I need write a nginx module

Gabriel Ramuglia gabe at vtunnel.com
Fri Sep 25 11:56:33 MSD 2009

I don't think this is really necessary. You can use proxy upstream or
fastcgi to connect to php (or perl or whatever), which can then do
authentication, and send back a reproxy-url header, which will cause
nginx to send the user the contents of whatever url you send back,
which can be a local file or a remote http link. this is very fast and
efficient. I have no problems proxying out over 300 megabit of traffic
from a single server in this manner, with minimal ram use, and most of
the cpu time used being taken up by the network card's interrupts.

the only part i'm fuzzy on is the metadata. how exactly does that fit in here?