IRC (Nginx problem or unix?)

Nuno Magalhães nunomagalhaes at eu.ipp.pt
Sat Apr 3 23:17:00 MSD 2010

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 00:21, flash <nginx-forum at nginx.us> wrote:

> The IRC program is set up to run on a subdomain on port 8000. (chat.example.com:8000). I am currently listening to port 80 for _ servers, do I need to do some sort of passthrough in the nginx.conf file? specifically for this subdomain? Is this even an ngixn problem? i.e. am I missing something in the unix side that would prevent me from making this program work?

Whatever that is, it doesn't seem to be an IRC server (unless it's
based on one and it provides a webinterface), not is the documentation
enlightening. If you want :8000 you should listen on :8000, nginx
won't guess that for you, neither will whichever UNIX™ flavor you're
using. Nor will "a timeout" help you get answers.

Check the nginx logs, check the manual for that server (especially its
system requirements), dig around; repost.

--
()  ascii-rubanda kampajno - kontraŭ html-a retpoŝto
/\  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail