0.8.35 compile error

Igor Sysoev igor at sysoev.ru
Tue Apr 6 16:06:50 MSD 2010

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 03:56:33PM +0400, Борис Долгов wrote:

> 2010/4/6 Igor Sysoev <igor at sysoev.ru>:
> > Now this warning will always be issued on Linux: nginx has to use
> > sys_errlist[]/sys_nerr because both strerror() and strerror_r() are not
> > signal safe.
> Do you think if it is a good idea to use deprecated elements in nginx?
> Maybe, it is better to generate ngx_sys_errlist on start/compilation and use it?

I think it's a good idea to fix strerror_r() in glibc before to deprecate
sys_errlist[]/sys_nerr, because strerror_r() is not 100% replacement of
sys_errlist[]. Or not to show text error messages in signal handlers
at all as nginx does on Solaris, since Solaris has no sys_errlist[].
BTW, FreeBSD does not the warning.

--
Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/