Stupid question

Nuno Magalhães nunomagalhaes at eu.ipp.pt
Tue Apr 13 23:38:09 MSD 2010

I have this config:

server {
        listen   8080;
        server_name  localhost;

        access_log  /var/log/nginx/site.access.log;
        error_log  /var/log/nginx/site.error.log;
        charset utf-8;

        if ($request_method !~ ^(GET|HEAD|POST)$ ) {
                return 444;
        }

        location / {
                root   /var/www/nginx-default/site;
                index  index.html;
                try_files $uri $uri/ $uri/site.html;
        }
        location = /favicon.ico {
                return 204;
        }
        location ~ \.(php|html)$ {
                fastcgi_pass   localhost:1234;
                include fastcgi_params;
                fastcgi_index  index.html;
                fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME
/var/www/nginx-default/site$fastcgi_script_name;
                fastcgi_param DOCUMENT_ROOT /var/www/nginx-default/site;
                fastcgi_intercept_errors on;
        }

        error_page  404 403 /40x.html;
        location = /40x.html {
                root   /var/www/nginx-default/site/epages;

All my files are .html. Any regular page will have its php parsed, but
all error pages will only parse html. I.e., if i have this code:

error <?php echo '404'; ?>

The php will be parsed if it's not an error page. What am i missing here?

TIA and sorry for a basic question,
Nuno

--
()  ascii-rubanda kampajno - kontraŭ html-a retpoŝto
/\  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail