Turn off upload buffering in proxy mode

Vincent MAUGE vmauge at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 02:32:24 MSD 2010

Hey,

I setup a nginx as reverse proxy + SSL negotiation in front of apache
servers. The setup works find and the configuration is quiet easy and
efficient (url loadblancing, access rules).
But I am facing an issue with upload; as nginx buffer the post request
on local disk before transmit the request to upstream server, I need
lot of storage on my server to handle space and io. Is there a way to
deactivate upload buffering streaming directly the file and reduce the
impact of upload on the server ?
For now, I just find old request on the mailing list with the same
subject but no usefull answer ("perhaps in the future") or the same
feature but for download (proxy_buffering parameter in
NginxHttpProxyModule).

Regards,

Vincent