nginx + ssi + remote uri access does not work

stunti nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Apr 14 07:34:45 MSD 2010

I have a setup where my nginx is in front with apache+PHP behind.

My PHP application cache some page in memcache which are accessed by nginx directly except some dynamic part which are build using SSI in Nginx.

The first problem I had was nginx didnt try to use memcache for ssi URI.

<!--# include virtual="/myuser" -->

So I figured that if I force it to use a full URL, it would do it.

<!--# include virtual="http://www.example.com/myuser" -->

But in logs file (both nginx and apache) I can see that a slash has been added at the beginning of the url

http ssi filter "/http://www.example.com/myuser"

In the source code of the SSI module I see a PREFIX that seems to be added, but I can really tell if I can disable it.

Anybody got this issue? Nginx version : 0.7.62 on Ubuntu Karmic 64bits

Thanks a lot

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,74756,74756#msg-74756