nginx upstream problem

Reinis Rozitis r at roze.lv
Wed Apr 14 20:58:20 MSD 2010

> How do I make it load balance equally between the 3 apache servers? All the apache servers have identical hardware and software
> configuration.

Maybe try the upstream fair balancer?

http://nginx.localdomain.pl/wiki/UpstreamFair
http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpUpstreamFairModule

"The main feature of upstream_fair is that it knows how many requests each backend is processing (a backend is simply one of the
servers, among which the load balancer has to make its choice). Thus it can make a more informed scheduling decision and avoid
sending further requests to already busy backends."

.. as simple roundrobin doesnt always give a consistent result in a given period of time.

rr