[ANNOUNCE] gunzip filter module 0.3

theromis1 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Apr 16 23:14:54 MSD 2010

Hi,

my company working with ad insertion on Internet traffic.
For that I'm trying to use nginx. Some text/html traffic goes with Content-encoding: gzip.
So to parse html inside this traffic I've tried gunzip. And it partially works with some hacks. One of my problem was function ngx_http_gzip_ok which returns NGX_OK if in headers doesn't exists Via header, all traffic which I'm passing throw gunzip don't have this header.

My question, is it correct to use gunzip module in my case, or better to try another module?
If my decision is correct, may I send you my changes for gunzip to add for it functionality which my company need?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,66713,75868#msg-75868