Permanent Redirect

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Apr 20 19:06:07 MSD 2010

Hello!

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 04:43:19PM +0200, Nick Weisser wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to permanently redirect from various outdated URLs to the
> domain's home page like so:
>
> location /phpshop {
>   rewrite ^ http://www.my-domain.com permanent;
> }
>
> which results e.g. in
>
> http://www.my-domain.com/phpshop/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=65
>
> to be rewritten to
>
> http://www.my-domain.com?page=shop/flypage&product_id=65
>
> which kind of makes sense, but I need to strip those parameters
> (page and product_id), too.
>
> Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

rewrite ^ http://www.my-domain.com/? permanent;

(note "?")

It should be here:

http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpRewriteModule#rewrite

But it looks like rewrite directive description was polluted by
lots of semi-related user notes and currently unreadable.  Sombody
has to throw/move them all away and re-translate original docs.

To all: please keep module docs / directive descriptions close to
original docs if possible.  If you think that something should be
noted - add trailing note clearly separate from documentation, or
even add it on separate wiki page.