nginx changes "Location" header passed by backend

Rabenschwinge nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Apr 22 15:00:04 MSD 2010

Hello,

I've quoted two sets of reply headers for the same request. The first was the reply of the backend server, captured by tcpdump. The second is the reply of the nginx server as captured by Firebug. Could anyone tell me why nginx changed the location header and what I can do about it? There is no rule in the configuration to do so. The addition of the "X-Backend-Server" and X-UA-Compatible" headers are correct, though.

Request w/o cookie as seen by apache backend:
GET /test.php HTTP/1.0
Host: secure.firma.de
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate

Apache Backend Reply: